Move Along Inc. provides and promotes inclusive adaptive sport and recreation opportunities for people with disabilities and allies.
At Move Along Inc. we believe in a world where people with disabilities fulfill their personal dreams and aspirations, live healthy lives, and have access to sport and recreation outlets that meet their diverse needs.
Our goal is to develop these opportunities and experiences by engaging participants and encouraging community involvement with desired outcomes including increased physical activity, but also fostering a community where social skills such as self-confidence, self-reliance, and independence are paramount to our success.
- Equality. Creating inclusive activities open to all individuals regardless of ability (provided this can be done safely without endangering the individual or others).
- Community. Collaborating with professionals and laymen to develop a community empowered to build relationships with one another cultivating team building and resilience.
- Respect. People are defined by their abilities, not their disabilities. We demonstrate honor and morality by respecting the rights, dignity and well being of all individuals.
- Professionalism. Staff and volunteers will demonstrate their abilities to interact with individuals commensurate with their level of training and certification. They are reliable, humble, accountable, and demonstrate sound judgment while following industry safety standards.
- Leadership. Move Along Inc. will lead innovative and professional adaptive sports and recreation services. As well as, encourage and develop leadership skills in participants, volunteers, and staff.
- Risk Taking. We embody reasonable risk-taking to develop innovative programming, and cultivate empowerment. The right to risk is the right of all abilities; our programs allow participants to capture their rights and become as independent as their body and mind will let them. In business, we believe without risk, innovation wouldn’t exist. We embrace risk-taking while preserving security and well-being.
- Integrity. Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking. Providing honesty, even when the truth is complicated. Humbly admitting and adhering to limitations, and asking for help. Holding ourselves accountable, and creating solutions within our power.
- Passion. Passion and determination are contagious. We believe in having an optimistic (and realistic) attitude about everything we do because this inspires others to have the same attitude. We embody passion to promote empowerment and creativity
Contact us to get involved: firstname.lastname@example.org